- No prolonged sun exposure to breasts 5 days prior to your appointment.
- No deodorant, antiperspirant, lotion, cream or make up on the day of the exam.
- No shaving or waxing on the day of the exam.
- If bathing, do so one hour or more prior to exam.
- No exercise 4 hours prior to your exam.
- No treatment (chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hot or cold pack use) of the neck, back, chest or breasts 24 hours before the exam.
- Please wear loose fitting clothes to your appointment.
- Please inform us when scheduling your appointment of any medical procedures you have had within the last 12 weeks that might affect the results of your thermogram.
Please note: Surgical procedures, such as implants, reductions, and biopsies, do not interfere with infrared imaging. If you have copies of any other test results (e.g., mammograms, ultrasounds, or biopsies), please bring them with you.
You are not eligible to have breast thermography done if breastfeeding. Please wait until 6 weeks after the completion of any breastfeeding to start imaging.